Monday, April 6, 2015

die hard popcorn bar




This past weekend we celebrated my husband's 26th birthday with two of his favorite things: movies and sweets! We transformed the back porch into an outdoor movie theater, complete with a fully stocked concession stand.

The weather is perfect right now, mid 80s during the day and low 70s in the evening. Arizona has a short but very delightful spring. We wanted a genuine summer blockbuster feel, with every movie candy you could possibly think of as well as an extreme popcorn bar. We had plain, kettle and homemade caramel popcorns to choose from, as well as a plethora of seasonings and toppings for a truly versatile popcorn experience. We also had a friend bring a ton of old school boxes of candy, including Raisinets, Sugar Babies, Junior Mints, Red Hots, etc. We finished off the buffet with a giant container of cheese puffs (because obviously) and a few bags of chips. We were pretty lucky that Easter was the next morning because we had a LOT of candy left over. We're not too mad about it, though. I currently have a whole sheath of Almond Snickers in my purse and I may have had peanut M&Ms for breakfast.

After everyone arrived and swarmed our concession stand, we lit the fire pit, gathered in our chairs and underneath our throw blankets, and got ready for a lively viewing of Die Hard. 




On Instagram

Popcorn seasonings: Popcorn salt, Butter, Garlic Parmesan,
Nacho Cheddar, White Cheddar, Spicy Jalapeno

I absolutely love birthdays. I think the worst part about getting older is having people care less and less about your birthday, and having to resign to only celebrating every other decade or so for the big milestone events. There's this point in your twenties where it feels like you have to pass the torch to the younger generations because their birthdays are more important and should be more memorable. I mean, that's true...and I understand the necessity of it...but it's still painful to let go. I'm no Elsa. I'm a birthday month kind of gal and I try to take advantage of celebrating as long as humanly possible. I'm glad that my husband feels the same way, so that we can hopefully continue to throw these silly and fantastic themed birthday parties every year. Especially when it involves vintage Bruce Willis and strings of twinkle lights.




No comments:

Post a Comment