Tuesday, October 8, 2013

polka dots downtown





I loved this photoshoot day downtown on Sunday!
We drove home from DC after a leisurely brunch at The Cheesecake Factory... one of those restaurants I totally took for granted until we moved to lynchburg and couldn't go there anymore!
Anytime we have a chance to eat there, we do. Avocado eggrolls! Yum.

Anyway: we went downtown to take some fun pictures, and ended up getting some outfit photos in front of the tracks right as the train whooshed by!
The same thing happened on our wedding day, actually. We did a first look before the ceremony, then the wedding party headed over to the train tracks. I was standing in the tracks, and the speed of the train on the tracks behind us nearly knocked me over in all my poofy dressy-ness!
It's one of the funniest memories of our photoshoot.
One of those, is that train coming this way? Naw, it's not even moving. Oh, ok, it's coming this way. No, it's alright, it's not going that fast. 






Dress (shop!): Ruche

I bought this dress for birthday festivities (I kind of had to, it was called "Birthday Polka Dot Dress"!), but it ended up being too hot on my actual birthday in DC! So I opted to wear it on Sunday, when we'd be spending the hottest part of the day in the car on the way home.
The cut-out in the back is venturing a bit out of my comfort zone, but I love the dress and think it was worth the nerve it took to wear it.

One of the things on my Virginia bucket list before we move back to Arizona next year was to take pictures at this cute LOVE sign downtown, so that was number one on our to-do list yesterday afternoon!
It was so fun to check something off our list with my best friend in town, because she got to participate too!
The sun was pretty bright, but I love these shots.








This is officially the post of the many photoshoots, because after we finished at the LOVE sign we decided to head over a few blocks to an enormous mural on the side of a building that I've seen several times as we've driven around downtown.
I always thought it would be a cool place to take pictures, so we decided to go for it!

Needless to say, Frocktober day 6 was a day for road trips, pictures and lots of color!






No comments:

Post a Comment