Friday, August 30, 2013

style gallery

If you've just arrived here at Voguish, I'll let you in on a little (widely known) secret.
I really like online shopping. I love boutiques, most notably Ruche, which I have become a loyal patron of.
(You can check out my style features on their blog here. My "not just a romper" outfit was featured this morning!)
They're also having a ridiculous Labor Day Sale until Monday, so seriously, get on that train.

Currently on my wishlist:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14


It all started when we moved to Lynchburg, Virginia and discovered that this is the town where shopping comes to die.
People must just thrive on thrift stores and garage sales, because the mall is disgraceful and Target is the #1 recommendation for shopping of any kind.
I mean, there used to be a Forever 21 but it closed down. In a big college town. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. It's like some kind of shopping twilight zone.

There is some good news though -- Francesca's and LOFT have finally opened in a shopping center a little ways away, so perhaps that's the beginning of our road to redemption.

All of that being said, I've finally discovered Modcloth's "Style Gallery". It's so much fun. 
There's such an assortment of styles, sizes, and types of women that post their personal style on there! I spent way too much time scrolling through it yesterday, and picking out my favorites.
I went a little crazy and started developing my own Style Gallery page! (See it here).



It's such an encouraging little space. No comments, just hearts! People scroll through and can heart your outfits - it's all about the love, ya'll. All about the love.

What's on your Ruche wishlist? Do you have a Style Gallery page on Modcloth? I'd love to know!

I hope you all have an amazing 3-day-weekend. Do something crazy fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment