Thursday, May 16, 2013

the cusp of summer


I think it's pretty common for me to feel a little bit lost around this season.
It's not quite spring, it's not quite summer. I'm kind of wedged somewhere in between wanting shorts and strappy sandals, and wishing I could go back to boots and sweaters.
The cloudy days are chilly, but the afternoon is hot and humid.

We're visiting Arizona this coming week (we leave tonight!) and I can't wait for true summer. 
The temps are all above 90 degrees, sunshine all the way, and I can already feel the blessed heat on my skin. There's nothing I love more than an Arizona summer.
Although this may be a whole absense-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder delusion. We'll see!




I love the watercolor print of this dress, and how it's always a go-to for remixing.
This dress is definitely in my top 5, as far as how often I've worn the dresses in my closet this past year. Granted, I bought this dress this past year, but that just proves a smart purhcase.

Dress/Belt: Ruche (similar 1, 2, 3, 4), Button-up: J. Crew (similar), Shoes: Gifted (similar)

One of my favorite ways to wear this dress is in the colder months, with a turtle neck layered underneath.
It's a great transitional dress. So far I've been able to wear it all year long, and now I'm just waiting to wear it by itself in the summertime!
It has an adorable cut-out back with a bow, and will be perfect for summer get-togethers.


For now I'm just eagerly awaiting our summer Arizona visit. Counting down the hours!
Maybe I'll bring this dress along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment