Monday, February 11, 2013

pink challenge

Due to my last post involving a monochromatic outfit featuring the brilliant color pink (where I jokingly mentioned needing pink tights to actually complete the look), a friend of mine has challenged me to try and make pink tights work.
It's going to be tricky, I think. I actually have a pair of bright yellow/mustard tights which I've only worn once - I tend to view tights as a neutral warming accessory, rather than a statement color.
I'm currently wearing a dark purple tight and I'm feeling wild. 

But here are some of my ideas.
I'm going to accept the pink tights challenge, because what better week to try them out than Valentine's Week?

Besides. Let's be honest. Anything that Zooey Deschanel does, I'm bound to want to do.


Pink tights have totally been done before. Really badly, most of the time.
What I need to do is avoid this:


And I think we'll all be better for it.

Other pink-tighted celebrities:

No, no, Paris.


























I went around and peeked in on some other bloggers, trying to find inspiration. I needed to know if there was a look I could love from the various attempts at climbing the perilous slope of pink stretchy leg covers.

Slanelle Style


What I Wore

Fi and Me

The Sun Was High.
Orange tights, but the spirit remains.

The Styling Dutchman

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised.
I think #2 is my favorite, because black/white/hot pink is fierce. And always fun to look at.

Overall, I think this research was fruitful. We'll see how this story ends later this week, when my own outfit is revealed to you all.

Wish me luck! (Any advice?)

Until then,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment