Saturday, January 26, 2013

catty dresses and afternoon teas

Today's outfit is a cutesie print at its finest.
It's hard to do a cat-print right, but I think this dress definitely pulls it off.
Thanks to LOFT for producing such an adorable dress!
It was one of my favorite holiday-shopping finds.



Dress: LOFT (shop), Cardigan: Ireland, Tights: Target
Booties: Urbanog (shop), Necklace: Lia Sophia, Earrings: Chelsea Girl Designs 

I've gotten really used to having pockets on my dresses - almost to the point of being disappointed when I try on a dress without them!
But there's nothing better than a sweet, comfy shift dress with a cutesie print and side pockets.



This picnic area on our street is completely overrun by the hand of winter.
All the leaves in Lynchburg have somehow managed to congregate here, taking over every inch of ground with brown, crunchy foliage.
It was like a storybook, or some old poem.



The Land of the Leaves
The leaves go dancing, twirling 'til dawn.
They swirl until the night is gone.
They join together in amber-hued songs,
Browns and oranges joining the throngs.
Before the sun rises to see what they've done,
The leaves are all gathered enjoying their fun.
Every step taken brings a sweet crunchy sound,
The leaves have joined forces to cover the ground!










It was amazing to be out in the afternoon sunshine, after such a freezing week!
It was almost up to the 40s, which seems warm in comparison. It was such a beautiful day!



This morning, I slept in a little and and finished the book I had been reading, making coffee and taking my time getting ready.
I had an afternoon date with a friend to go to our little tea house downtown! I had been wanting to go for a few months, and we finally had a reservation set up for a relaxing hour or two sipping on hot sweet tea and munching on scones.









Sometimes there's nothing better than some fancy girl time.
It was the perfect Saturday!

I hope you get to take some time this weekend to get a little dressed up and enjoy a special outing.
Enjoying the simple things (like cat-print dresses) is the best way to spend a Saturday.

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment