Wednesday, January 23, 2013

asymmetrical questions







The candid question of the asymmetrical. 
I have been in a serious debate with myself for a few months now. I still can't decide whether or not I'm on board with the business in the front, party in the back scenario. 
Sometimes I think I could pull it off, but most of the time I'm just shaking my head. 
The truth is, the last 3 blouses I've bought have asymmetrical cuts - it's definitely a clothes-wide trend, but I don't mind it as much on a top as I do on a dress or a skirt. 

There has been one dress I've had shopper's envy for, and if it wasn't sold out in my size I would probably still buy it. It has the asymmetrical/sheer thing going on, and something about it really draws me in.


It reminds me a lot of a similar dress that Elizabeth at Delightfully Tacky wears really well, so maybe subconsciously I wanna snatch it up and find a girl's denim jacket at a thrift store to de-sleeve and wear as a vest. I've definitely thought about it.

What are your thoughts on the asymmetrical trend?
Long-lasting, classic style, or short-lived danger zone - like the front hair poof that plagued my high school?

In other news, if you're in need of a quick treat, head on over to Modcloth before their Cabin Fever Sale runs out! I got some amazing deals on a great $90 Valentine's Day dress (for $23!), and another cutesie print top (my favorite!). 



Follow the link to get $15 off a purchase of $50! Can't get any better than that.

Happy Wednesday!

Cait

1 comment:

  1. you can def. pull it off caitlin! it's one of my favorite trends! go for it girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete